Thursday, November 8, 2012

Pink Lace Fabric Flowers

I mentioned these pink lace fabric flowers in my last post (about the Spooky Flirty Halloween Wreath) and I really enjoyed the way they turned out, so I made some as hair clips and for dressing up your outfit on a shirt or lapel. They go pretty quickly and they are fun and very cute!

These flowers are similar in style to the ones you'll find here. I did have to modify the instructions a bit. To make these, I used a long strip of pink lace about 1 inch thick. (I found it in the remnant bins at Joanns Fabric for 50% off! Yay, deals!) I folded the fabric in half, like the instructions at the tutorial link explain, and I bunched and rolled the fabric to look like a tight spiral. This will be the center of the flower. Then I used some hot glue to secure the flower to itself so the tight spiral wouldn't come undone and I cut out a circle of pink felt about the size of the final flower (however big you choose) and glued the bud to the center of the felt circle. You'll want to coordinate your felt to whatever color lace you are using. Then continue to wrap, turn, glue; wrap, turn, glue, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. Try not to burn yourself too much. It's hard with the lace, to be sure.

Once the flower part is done, you attach an alligator clip to the back and you're ready to rock and roll. (I also added a couple of gold fabric leaves poking out. I like it!)

Final product! So pretty and fun! I want to make a bunch of these, but I'm saving the majority of the lace to make myself a pretty pink skirt. I need to get on that.


Sincerely,

Danelle
Quite Possibly Crafts

No comments:

Post a Comment