Saturday, February 9, 2013

Red Felt Valentines Day Wreath

Hi everyone!

Happy Love Day!

Hang something happy and festive on your door to celebrate. I had been struggling to make this wreath for the last two years. Not that it's hard. We just have moved a lot and had stuff in storage (my barely begun wreath, for one), the whole song and dance. I'm glad I feel like we have maybe one or two more months of stability until we move again, but I know I'm just a big complainer and no one likes to listen to complaining. (Not my husband, anyway.) This wreath still cheered me up. Technically, it isn't too hard to make, my two-year-old girl was helping me to push the folded felt into the Styrofoam heart form. But cutting the felt circles out takes a lot of time! Beware! I didn't mind. I just took the cutting along with me when visiting friends at their houses or when we got together for a girls night watching the Bachelor. (Mostly I was there for the good company and time to work on my wreath, I'm not really a fan of the show.)

Here are some photos of the wreath on my door. (It's blue. The red and blue kind of mess with your eyes, I apologize. Maybe our next door will be a nice dark brown or white, or something that will make the wreath photograph a little better.)

For instructions, I found some good ones here at The Idea Room. I wanna say my circles were about 2-1/2 inches in diameter (hers are 3-in.), but I already don't remember. I did cut out about 300 of them, so that's where the tediousness comes in.


Big juicy felt ruffles, looking so good.


I made a new logo. YAY for logos. You can borrow my pictures, but just give me some credit, yes?


Yes, the large logo, in all its glory.

Stay tuned for some baby sewing stuff. :-)

-Danelle
Quite Possibly Crafts

No comments:

Post a Comment