Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Mothers Day and Fathers Day

Rewind to Mothers Day and Fathers Day 2012. I got really creative. Well, for Fathers Day, anyway. But I still got crafty for both days. I had some cute fabric I had ordered from Amazon, but when it came, it was like upholstery fabric, twill, and not like the soft cotton I had envisioned. It all worked out, I made a fancy lemonade out of lemons and my mother, MIL, and grandmother-in-law (and even me!) all ended up with really cute dishtowels. These are some of my favorite dish towels of all time. They work excellently, dry superbly, and just cheer the kitchen right up. Won't you agree? Hollywood regency updated and modernized, in punchy happy colors. Quite possibly perfect.


Maybe I'm too close to the project and not thinking clearly, but to me, they are perfection.

Okay, enough gushing about the dishtowels, I found amazing fabric (okay, Tommy Hilfiger bedsheets) at the Goodwill for the low, low price of $2 (instead of the going rate of $50!!!). I don't remember exactly how I hit upon the idea, but I remembered that my father-in-law Glenn had left his grilling gear at the last campout, and my brother-in-law Daniel was wanting to do more cooking on his sweet outdoor grill, so the common thread was telling me to sew them little roll-up grill kits made out of that fun blue-striped lobster fabric. Again, to me, perfection. I'm proud of this craft. A friend asked me if I was selling them on Etsy. I had to tell her no. I had run out of the material! Sad sad day.


This next image also fits well in the post. I think I made this for my mother-in-law for Christmas, or for her birthday, or just to say thanks for letting us live in your house and eat your food for almost a year.

It's a cute casserole carrier! Perfect for church functions and pot-lucks!


Take a peek inside!


I love it! I want one!

Cordially, Danelle

No comments:

Post a Comment